Hosted weekends at TMC
After 8 months of having the lodge open on a “bubble” basis, we believe it is time to start hosted weekends again, although with limited numbers.
Weekends July 2 through Labor Day will be scheduled for hosting. Those wishing to host should contact Salvina Scerri to take a weekend, expect to see an email from her soon. As usual, members who wish to attend will contact the hosts for that particular weekend.
- Hosts must be vaccinated
- The hosts may require participants to be fully vaccinated.
- Access to inside the lodge will be limited to 12 members (no guests at this time.), including the two co-hosts
- The first 6 to register get inside rooms.
- The reserving member will advise the host if they are willing to share a room and with whom.
- If they don’t feel comfortable with a roommate, the host will advise members 7 through 12 that they need to reserve an outdoor space (bunkhouse/camping).
- The Bunkhouse and Camping will be divided into two seperate entities with ten tenting and six in the bunkhouse.
- Members 7-12 must book a spot under either bunkhouse or tenting on the online reservation system. This is important as if you are sleeping outside, you will be competing for space with members who are not part of the hosted weekend.
Only the 12 members who register with the host will be allowed in the lodge.
Those 12 members, however, must sign up for any daily activities (swimming, boating and the picnic area) on ther own. The hosts are not responsible for you getting an outdoor sleeping space nor a outdoor activity.
An additional 10 campers can register via the online reservation system. 1-2 camping guests per member are allowed.
The 10 campers will not be allowed in the lodge.
Outside sinks will be working as of May 1st.
Additional smaller grills will be available as well, but are not to be used at campsites.
We will continue to follow the majority of the procedures instituted at the beginning of the COVID opening plan. Everyone must sign in and sign a Covid waiver each time you attend. Masks must still be worn in the lodge. Social distancing outside remains an important part of keeping infections low. Hand sanitizer and alcohol cleaning spray will be available at various locations to reduce transferring germs by touch. Please use liberally!
The waterfront will open under the same rules as last fall, but with 12 people per the online reservation system. Please continue to sign up online for a 2 hour time slot at the swim dock, boat dock and picnic area. 1-2 guests per member are allowed on our property.
The picnic area and the boat dock will also allow 12 people.
We continue to limit guests in the lodge to allow members first choice. If we find that not enough members are signing up, we will begin to allow a few guests.
Weeknights (Tues/Wed) in the lodge will still be done via the online reservation system and can be reserved by members who have obtained a lodge key. Sunday, Monday and Thursday nights in the lodge are still not open, in order to allow proper ventilation between visits. At some point, all nights will be available.
As noted in the original opening rules, this is a trial plan. Adjustments will be made as needed as we ultimately return to pre-Covid rules/guidelines.
Please be sure to let board members know how things are working. If you are confused about how to sign up online, please call a friend or board member!
Be safe and enjoy!